News & Announcements
New Online Registration for 2013-2014
Backman Elementary Registration for 2013-2014, NEW THIS YEAR: ONLINE REGISTRATION
Registration Week is July 29, 2013 to August 8, 2013. Watch your mail for a letter with instructions and PIN# for each student. You may register online from home (CLICK HERE) or at Backman. Bring your printed Registration form and signature page, and proof of residence in our boundary (plus birth certificate and immunization records for Kindergarteners and new students) to Backman to complete the registration, anytime between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. during Registration Week.
If you have any questions, call the office at 801-578-8100.
Posted: Date 3-12-13
21st Century Community Learning Center Grant Opportunity
Salt Lake District is applying for a grant which will provide additional funding for Backman's afterschool program.
The grant will:
- Provide opportunities for academic enrichment for students to meet State and local student performance standards in core academic subjects such as reading and mathematics
- Offer students a broad array of additional services designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students
- Offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
We would like to thank Albertsons for their generous donation of $1,000.00 to Backman Elementary which was presented during our faculty meeting. We appreciate their support of our teachers, families, and community.
Energy Star Award
In recognition of superior energy performance, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency awarded Backman was presented with the Energy Star Award for using 35% less energy and generating 35% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than similar buildings across the nation.
Road to Success
We held our first Road to Success drawing for a chance to win a gift card for a bike, a scooter, or i pod touch. Our winners were Mako Bere and Mapa Vaenuku. 10 students won restaurant gift cards.
PTA/School Community Council Meeting
- April 25, 5:30 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.
- April 25 th 6:30 to 7:30 P.M.
- April 22nd to May 23rd
Backman Carnival and Multicultural Fair on May 23rd
- Multicultural Fair 4:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- School Carnival 5:30 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.
- Sept. 7, 14, 21, 27
- Oct. 5, 11, 12, 26
- Nov. 2, 9, 16, 30
- Dec. 7, 14, 21
- Jan. 11, 18, 25
- Feb. 1, 7, 8,15, 22, 28
- Mar. 8, 15, 22, 29
- Apr. 12, 19, 26
- May 3, 10, 17, 23, 31
There will be no school on the following dates:
- Sept. 28, 2012
- Oct. 17-19, 2012
- Nov. 21-23, 2012
- Dec. 24, 2012-Jan. 4, 2013
- Jan. 21, 2013
- Feb. 18, 2013
- March 1, 2013
- April 1-5, 2013
- May 24, 2013
- May 27, 2013
Last day of school-June 4, 2013
News content goes here.
News content goes here.